Re: Service not starting: Error 1053

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Frank Featherlight <dirtydude(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Service not starting: Error 1053
Date: 2009-02-25 04:51:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Frank Featherlight <dirtydude(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> while reading your thread two things come to mind, I have installed:
> Registry Mechanic ( )
> Tune-Up Utilities ( )
> Any of these two might cause the problem aswell in your opinion?

Damifino, I'm not a Windows person.  But I'd suggest methodically
removing each and every bit of non-default software you've got,
to see if you can find one that causes the failure.  We know that
the failure does not occur on stock Windows or with most popular
add-ons, so unusual add-ons deserve a close look.