Default encoding in database

From: "Jacob Vennervald Madsen" <jvm(at)gopinocchio(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Default encoding in database
Date: 2001-08-29 13:16:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi List

I'm using PostgreSQL version PostgreSQL 7.1.2
When I create a new database it's made with SQL_ASCII by default.
What do I have to do to make LATIN1 the default encoding?
This is how I configured Postgres
./configure --with-java --enable-odbc --enable-multibyte=LATIN1
--enable-locale --enable-unicode-conversion

Can anybody help me?

Best regards,
Jacob Vennervald Madsen
Mobile Systems Developer