Re: pgmonitor on solaris

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Roberto João Lopes Garcia <roberto(at)mha(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: pgmonitor on solaris
Date: 2001-03-25 21:37:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> Roberto Joo Lopes Garcia writes:
>> Is there a pgmonitor version for Solaris?? It dies with:
>>
>> Can't run 'ps': awk: syntax error near line 3
>> awk: illegal statement near line 3
>> awk: illegal statement near line 4
>> Please send in a patch.

Looks like your problem is not with ps, but with awk.  pgmonitor uses
a rather complicated awk program that is probably not too portable.
I hadn't complained about it before because I checked that it worked
with the vendor awk in HPUX, which I figured ought to be sufficiently
behind the times ;-).  Looks like I was mistaken.  Bruce, can you
simplify that awk program?