Re: how to run encoding-dependent tests by default

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: how to run encoding-dependent tests by default
Date: 2019-07-28 19:42:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Oh ... one other thought, based on forcing the collate.linux.utf8
test to run on platforms where it can be expected to fail: I think
you'd be well advised to make that test verify that the required
collations are present, the same as you did in the collate.icu.utf8
test. I noticed for instance that it fails if en_US.utf8 is not
present (or not spelled exactly like that), but I doubt that that
locale is necessarily present on every Linux platform. tr_TR is
even more likely to be subject to packagers' whims.