Re: cvs tip problems

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joe Conway" <joseph(dot)conway(at)home(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cvs tip problems
Date: 2001-10-01 05:29:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Joe Conway" <joseph(dot)conway(at)home(dot)com> writes:
> I just grabbed cvs tip this afternoon and ran into two issues:

> - First one is that the regression fails on "geometry" on what appears to be
> a difference in the 13th decimal place of the output value. See the attached
> regression diff.

Looks like it was not you that changed, but Thomas' reference machine.
What platform are you on, anyway?

> - Second was on reloading my data, I got the following error message (4
> times):
> ERROR: operator class "timestamp_ops" does not accept data type
> timestamp with time zone

Oh, ye olde change-of-opclass-name problem. I've stuck a hack into
gram.y as we've done in the past, but I'm starting to think that we
need a better answer going forward. Maybe pg_dump could be tweaked to
not dump opclass names if they are default opclasses?