Re: Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches (for CommitFest:Sep)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches (for CommitFest:Sep)
Date: 2008-09-24 04:50:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I don't think there's much point in second-guessing the NSA: they are
> smart and have thought about this more than we have.

No doubt, but have they told us what we'd need to know to make a
non-broken implementation? I haven't seen anything about how a SQL
database ought to work to play nice with SELinux or similar controls.
I don't doubt that somebody inside Fort Meade has a good design for
this, but I have no confidence that we do.