Re: 8.2beta1 (w32): server process crash (tsvector)

From: "Thomas H(dot)" <me(at)alternize(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "imad" <immaad(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.2beta1 (w32): server process crash (tsvector)
Date: 2006-11-12 18:17:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

it should... at least for <8.2 this worked fine without manually installing
tsearch2. the tsearch2.sql is run by the installer, the tsearch2 objects are
present in template1 and thus in the freshly created db. also the function
and types are there or else the table creation would fail in first place (as
one of its column is tsvector). of course you have to tweak the config
afterwards if you want it to run smooth on non-default locales.

just for fun i set up an instance without selecting the tsearch2 option and
run tsearch2.sql manually. there was no error with this script. the result
in my test case is unfortunately the same - crashing.

- thomas