Re: pgsql: Use data directory inode number, not port, to select SysV resour

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Use data directory inode number, not port, to select SysV resour
Date: 2019-09-06 15:35:13
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> On 9/5/19 1:32 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Use data directory inode number, not port, to select SysV resource keys.

> This has caused the 017_shm.pl tests to be skipped on jacana and
> bowerbird, and to fail completely on my msys2 test system where the Perl
> has the relevant IPC:: modules, unlike the buildfarm animals.

I intended 017_shm.pl to be skipped on Windows builds; it's not apparent
to me that that script tests anything useful when we're not using SysV
shared memory.

I don't quite understand what the msys2 platform might be doing with
these IPC modules. Do they actually do anything, or just fail at
runtime? If the latter, maybe we can add something to the eval{}
block to check for present-but-doesnt-work?