Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

From: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: najmuddin hassan <najios1(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).
Date: 2009-02-26 21:03:24
Lists: pgsql-general

----- "najmuddin hassan" <najios1(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed a program called moteview by crossbow technologies.
> It uses
> postgreSQL 8.0.0-rc1 for its database. There is something wrong as
> when I
> launched the program it automaticly gives me an error that the
> database is
> not available. The postgreSQL database installation is bundled
> together with
> installation disk. I read one of the mail discussion that that
> version of
> sql is no longer supported so I upgrade to version 8.3. The moteview
> program
> has a script called "resetdb.cmd" (script is given below) whereby
> as I understand it is to set the database for the program as server :
> localhost, database : task, user : tele, and password : tiny. When I
> run
> the resetdb.cmd program. The error below shows up:
>
> psql: could not connect to server: connection refused
> (0x0000274D/10061). Is
> the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connection
> on
> port 5432.
>
> I not a database person. I "googled" the error msg and from my reading
> it
> has something to do with authentication....
>
> Can I have the solution to this matter. Thanks.
>

> set PG_HOST=localhost
> set PG_PORT=5432
> set PG_USER=tele
> set PG_PASS=tiny
> set PG_DBASE=task
> set PG_CONN=-h %PG_HOST% -p %PG_PORT% -U %PG_USER%
>
> set PG_DDIR="C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data"
> set PG_BIN="C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin"
> set PATH=%PG_BIN%; %PATH%
>
> if '%1' == ' ' goto START
> set PG_DDIR=%1\PostgreSQL\8.3\data
> set PG_BIN=%1\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin
> set PATH=%PG_BIN%;%PATH%
>
> : START
>
> echo %PG_BIN%
> echo %PG_DDIR%
> echo %PATH%
>
> echo "Granting permissions to access database"
> copy pg_hba.conf %PG_DDIR%
> net start pgsql-8.3
> sleep 5
> pg_ctl reload -D %PG_DDIR%
>
> echo "Setting up PostgreSQL 8.3 database for Moteview"
> psql -e %PG_CONN% template1 < db_user.sql
> psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_moteview.sql
> psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_xsensor.sql
> psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_sample_mts310.sql
>
> echo DATABASE CREATION FINISHED
>
> Appreciate your help...
>
> Regards,
> Najios

Yes 8.0 is an old version, but in this instance I would use
what is bundled with the program. There have been a lot of
changes between 8.0 and 8.3 and chances are the application
will have problems with them. So first get rid of 8.3 and
reinstall the bundled app/db. Try to connect and if not
successful post the error messages here.

Adrian Klaver
aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net