Re: statistics collector

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: statistics collector
Date: 2001-10-30 05:13:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> There seems no docs about statistics collector. Especially I see
> following in guc:

> #ifdef BTREE_BUILD_STATS
> #show_btree_build_stats = false
> #endif

> What is it? No conifgure option, no ifdef in pg_config.h...

That's not new stats-collector stuff, that's ancient undocumented btree
cruft (possibly dating back to Berkeley). Jan deserves blame for the
poor state of documentation of the stats collector, but not for this ;-)

What I've been able to deduce about the stats collector is documented
now in the Admin Guide...