column level privilages error

From: "bdmytrak(at)eranet(dot)pl" <bdmytrak(at)eranet(dot)pl>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: column level privilages error
Date: 2012-01-19 13:13:39
Lists: pgadmin-support

HI all,
I think, there is little bug in column privilage mechanism. The bug occures when You try to set column privilages using user name who has no rights to do this.
For table there is no tab "Privilages", for columns it exists and accepts configuration. Even when You accept Your configuration (OK button) there is no error/warning message. It looks like new configuration has been fully accepted.
Unfortunately I spend hour or even more looking for mistake in privilages (my mistake: forgot the user I have been logged to).
PostgreSQL generates warning message in that case. I think it is good idea to show this Warning to pgAdmin user or remove this tab from column properties.
Regards,
Bartek