Data into an array

From: sub3 <steve(at)subwest(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data into an array
Date: 2008-08-26 18:40:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
I am trying to compress some data down into a single row (making it an
array). I believe I am close, but I still keep getting an error: "ERROR:
query has no destination for result data"

Does anyone have an idea what is going wrong? Thanks.

CREATE or REPLACE FUNCTION getVSS(f_pvid integer, f_time timestamp, OUT
o_port integer[], OUT o_conf double precision[], OUT d_port integer[], OUT
d_conf double precision[]) RETURNS setof record
as $$ DECLARE
vssview RECORD;
BEGIN
o_port = ARRAY[0];
o_conf = ARRAY[0];
d_port = ARRAY[0];
d_conf = ARRAY[0];
FOR vssview IN select vss_orig.portid, vss_orig.confidence from vss,
vss_orig where vss.vssmsg = vss_orig.vssmsg AND pvid = f_pvid and f_time
between starttime and endtime LOOP
select array_append(o_port, vssview.portid);
select array_append(o_conf, vssview.confidence);
END LOOP;
FOR vssview IN select vss_dest.portid, vss_dest.confidence from vss,
vss_dest where vss.vssmsg = vss_dest.vssmsg AND pvid = f_pvid and f_time
between starttime and endtime LOOP
select array_append(d_port, vssview.portid);
select array_append(d_conf, vssview.confidence);
END LOOP;
END;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;