Trying to build 6.3.2 w/o success... gcc errors

From: "Gilley, Charles H(dot)" <Charles(dot)Gilley(at)glenayre(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-admin'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Trying to build 6.3.2 w/o success... gcc errors
Date: 1998-10-06 18:33:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have what I believe to be a simple configuration problem when I attempt
to compile on Solaris 2.5.1 with gcc 2.7.2. Using the appropriate template,

the ./configure command refuses to use gcc. Checking the template files,
I find that the sparc_solaris-gcc template does not contain a CC:gcc entry.
For that matter, many of the *gcc templates do not contain this line. FYI.

What part of the configuration did I miss? From the shell command line,
gcc is in the path.

Thanks for any help,

Charles Gilley
Glenayre Electronics