Question about check constraints

From: "Kashmira Patel \(kupatel\)" <kupatel(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question about check constraints
Date: 2006-01-27 01:01:26
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,
I have a table where two columns have two different check constraints
associated with them. When I update one column, the check constraint on
the other column is also executed. Is there a way to avoid this? I want
to check only for the condition defined for the column being updated.

Thanks,
Kashmira