Re: Typo in 2.7 Aggregate Functions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jimmy(dot)b(dot)mau(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Typo in 2.7 Aggregate Functions
Date: 2023-01-16 17:11:58
Lists: pgsql-docs

PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> Near the end of Chapter 2.7 Aggregate Functions of the documentation, the
> command FILTER is introduced. The full query is

> SELECT city, max(temp_lo), count(*) FILTER (WHERE temp_lo < 30)
> FROM weather
> GROUP BY city
> HAVING max(temp_lo) < 40;

> and the output shows a count value of 5. This is an error.

Yeah :-(. This is already fixed in our source tree [1], as you
can see on the website if you look at the "devel" branch. But the
released-version docs won't update till our next releases, in
February.

Thanks for the report, anyway!

regards, tom lane

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=f05a5e0003edfec027ee10d09082667036862e1c