Bug: 8.0 beta1 either view optimization or pgdump/pgrestore

From: Sim Zacks <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug: 8.0 beta1 either view optimization or pgdump/pgrestore
Date: 2004-10-26 11:02:40
Lists: pgsql-general

I just did a dump and restore of my database and one of my views did
not recreate.

The error received was :
pg_restore.exe: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: column reference "pricinggroupid" is ambiguous

I checked the function in the original database, using PGAdmin, and
the system seemed to have slightly changed my query.
Part of my query was a virtual table (i.e joining on (select *
from ...) as tablename ) and the system changed that to:
(select fielda,fieldb,fieldc from...) the problem is that there were
joined tables in that virtual table with identical fieldnames. As
the optimizer did not qualify the field names with the table names, it
makes ambiguous columns. That being said, the view does work after it
is created.

I assume this is a bug in the view optimization.

Thank You
Sim Zacks
IT Manager
CompuLab