Re: Cosmetic change in catalog/index.c

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cosmetic change in catalog/index.c
Date: 2003-02-13 23:23:20
Lists: pgsql-patches

> On the contrary, I can't see any kind of consistency in the leading
> capitalization in elog() messages.

There isn't any :-(. While I'd vote with Greg to migrate towards a
consistent use of initial caps, I seem to recall that Peter was in favor
of no initial caps ... which might help to explain why there's no
consistency in the code now ...

There's not much point in applying piecemeal changes if we don't have
a consensus on what to work toward.