Re: Nav-bar wrap around with 1280px width display

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Nav-bar wrap around with 1280px width display
Date: 2018-04-19 17:04:51
Lists: pgsql-www

Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> A comment on the Hacker News thread about the new website seems like it might
> be useful:
> 'Top navigation needs a rethink. At 1280px width resolution "Your account"
> wraps to make room for the Search box.'

> Just tried it here with Firefox on OSX, and yep the Your Account bit does
> wrap around.

Yeah, that happens for me too, and it contributes to the excessive
use of vertical space that I've been whining about. My display is
a good bit wider than 1280px ... but the window I give Safari isn't.

If I make the window a little narrower, the search box and *all* of the
buttons disappear, turning the nav bar into a complete waste of space.
That needs some more thought too.