Re: The word "virgin" used incorrectly and probably better off replaced

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, brian(dot)williams(at)mayalane(dot)com, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The word "virgin" used incorrectly and probably better off replaced
Date: 2019-11-11 14:29:02
Lists: pgsql-docs

> One problem with doing it that way is that the proposed parenthical
> comment partly duplicates the text immediately following it, so I'm no
> longer so sure that adding it is good; I think that changing "local
> additions" to "local additions and changes" might be sufficient, or
> maybe that is too obscure for novices? For create_database.sgml it does
> seem to make a little more sense, but I'm not 100% there either.

I think we should stick to the wording we've agreed to be clearer.
Maybe do manage-ag.sgml like so:

By instructing CREATE DATABASE to copy template0 instead of
template1, you can create a pristine user database, that is one where
no user-defined objects exist and where system objects have not been
altered. This is particularly handy ...