Re: pg_auth_members.grantor is bunk

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jacob Champion <jchampion(at)timescale(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_auth_members.grantor is bunk
Date: 2022-08-01 17:38:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 2:34 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Indeed. I've not read the patch, but I just wanted to mention that
>> the cfbot shows it as failing regression tests on all platforms.
>> Possibly a conflict with some recent commit?

> I can't see this on cfbot - either I don't know how to use it
> properly, which is quite possible, or the results aren't showing up
> because of the close of the July CommitFest.

I think the latter --- the cfbot thinks the July CF is no longer relevant,
but Jacob hasn't yet moved your patches forward. You could wait for
him to do that, or do it yourself.

(Probably our nonexistent SOP manual for CFMs ought to say "don't
close the old CF till you've moved everything forward".)