Re: Unlogged tables, persistent kind

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unlogged tables, persistent kind
Date: 2011-04-25 19:05:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> However, I think that the "logged table, unlogged index" idea is
> probably the most promising thing to think about doing first.

+1 for that --- it's clean, has a clear use-case, and would allow us
to manage the current mess around hash indexes more cleanly.
That is, hash indexes would always be treated as unlogged.

(Or of course we could fix the lack of WAL logging for hash indexes,
but I notice a lack of people stepping up to do that.)