Re: regresssion script hole

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: regresssion script hole
Date: 2006-06-19 13:49:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> writes:
> I tcpdump'd the dns-traffic on that box during a postmaster startup and
> it's definitly trying to look up ''.kaltenbrunner.cc a lot of times.

I just strace'd postmaster start on a Fedora box and can see nothing
corresponding. Since this is a "make check" we know that the PG
configuration files it's using are stock ... so it must be something
about the system config that's sending it round the bend. What do you
have in /etc/hosts, /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/nsswitch.conf?