Re: More than one pg_database entry for database

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "James Wilford" <jwilford(at)mistral(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More than one pg_database entry for database
Date: 2007-07-05 16:26:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

"James Wilford" <jwilford(at)mistral(dot)net> writes:
> Its PG version 7.3.

Please tell us it's a relatively recent 7.3.x, at least ...

> I've just tried all your suggestions and
> unfortunately I still can't delete the bogus row. I think I managed to
> reindex the system tables:

Curious. I'd have thought the reindex would fail because of the
duplicate datname entries.

> And trying ctid didn't work, assuming this syntax is correct:
> backend> delete from pg_database where ctid = '(0,37)';

Even more curious. I'm starting to think it's some sort of XID
wraparound problem, except if you can see it in SELECT then why doesn't
the DELETE see it?

Could you show all the system columns of pg_database, viz

select xmin, cmin, xmax, cmax, oid, ctid, datname from pg_database;