Re: Non returning Transactions/Many Locks in Postgres 9.0.4 and 9.0.1

From: Tarabas <tarabas(at)tarabas(dot)de>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Non returning Transactions/Many Locks in Postgres 9.0.4 and 9.0.1
Date: 2011-06-07 15:50:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Scott,

SM> Snip. Those are ALL either AccessShareLock (which is very low level
SM> and non-blocking) or virtual tx locks, which again don't block
SM> anything but their own transaction. Nothing there screams "locks!"
SM> for a better view of locks and how they're blocking things you can use
SM> the queries from here: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Lock_Monitoring

Thank you, I will try that. I am currently using Hibernate 3.2 as a
Database-Layer but with an older JDBC for 8.2, i will try updating
these components to more recent versions.

If the problem arises again i will hopefully be able to better
analyze, where the locking in my application occurs. It is in fact a
multi-threaded environment.

Best regards
Manuel