Re: Joins on TID

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Joins on TID
Date: 2018-12-22 04:31:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

BTW, if we're to start taking joins on TID seriously, we should also
add the missing hash opclass for TID, so that you can do hash joins
when dealing with a lot of rows.

(In principle this also enables things like hash aggregation, though
I'm not very clear on a use-case for grouping by TID.)

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
hash-opclass-for-tid-1.patch text/x-diff 8.7 KB