8.0 release schedule

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: 8.0 release schedule
Date: 2004-12-14 22:24:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It's becoming pretty obvious that PG 8.0 won't be released on Dec 15.
That was an optimistic target to begin with, and last week's network
problems have put it out of reach.

After some discussion, the core committee has decided to go week-to-week
on this: once an RC release survives for a week with no significant code
changes, we'll consider it ready for final release. (As usual, docs
changes and translation fixes won't count.)

There are several open issues standing between us and RC2, but we hope
to put out RC2 within the next few days.

Taking these things together, final release isn't going to happen before
Christmas, but perhaps soon after.