Re: Setting min/max TLS protocol in clientside libpq

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, cary huang <hcary328(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Setting min/max TLS protocol in clientside libpq
Date: 2020-04-24 12:03:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 24 Apr 2020, at 12:56, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>
> Can we reconsider whether we really want to name the new settings like "sslminprotocolversion", or whether we could add some underscores, both for readability and for consistency with the server-side options?

That was brought up by Michael in the thread, but none of us followed up on it
it seems. The current name was chosen to be consistent with the already
existing ssl* client-side settings, but I don't really have strong opinions on
if that makes sense or not. Perhaps use ssl_m{in|max}_protocolversion to make
it more readable?

The attached renames the userfacing setting, but keeps the environment variable
without underscores as most settings have env vars without underscores.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment Content-Type Size
minmaxproto_naming.patch application/octet-stream 7.2 KB