Re: AIX port current

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
Cc: pqsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: AIX port current
Date: 2003-10-21 04:33:04
Lists: pgsql-patches

"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at> writes:

> #include <errno.h>
> + #if defined(__CYGWIN__) || defined(WIN32)
> #include <fcntl.h> /* ensure O_BINARY is available */
> + #endif

I don't feel that this will fly. The comment on the #include line is
hopelessly out of touch with reality --- if you check the list of
symbols defined in fcntl.h you will find a bunch that are used all over
the place, eg SEEK_SET, O_RDONLY, O_CREAT, O_NDELAY, S_IRUSR. Perhaps
we could #include <fcntl.h> in the various .c files that use these
symbols rather than in c.h, but is that really a step forward? If there
are any such .c files that also need the conflicting AIX header, we're
still screwed. Please propose another answer. Or get AIX to fix their
broken headers.

I have no strong objection to the ecpg part of the proposed patch,
though like Andreas I wonder what's really going on there. The C99
spec is perfectly clear that LLONG_MIN is the standard spelling ---
why is ecpg apparently choosing another preferred spelling?