Re: BUG? res.next() == false, but psql finds tuples?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)pingpong(dot)net>
Cc: pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG? res.next() == false, but psql finds tuples?
Date: 2005-04-22 22:24:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)pingpong(dot)net> writes:
> hmmm.... is there any way to use the server's prepared statements from psql?

psql can't use the V3 protocol facilities, which means that you can't
duplicate the case very closely.

After reading your report this morning, I made a little test program
using libpq's PQexecParams (basically a quick hack on
src/test/examples/testlibpq3.c) to duplicate your query. I didn't
see any misbehavior; so there is some additional triggering condition
beyond what you've told us.

Given that the query packet looks 100% reasonable by eyeball, it seems
unlikely that the issue is on the JDBC side (barring obvious snafus such
as connecting to a different database than psql is talking to). But I
don't have any data with which to pursue the hypothesis of a server bug.