Re: Connect via odbc from Windows to Linux

From: Bruce Hyatt <brucejhyatt(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Connect via odbc from Windows to Linux
Date: 2008-12-03 01:40:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

--- On Tue, 12/2/08, Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com> wrote:

> You don't have the driver in your classpath.

For some reason I had assumed that Java EE 5 SDK included the driver but I couldn't locate postresql.jar on my computer. So I downloaded and ran various precompiled versions of the driver from jdbc.postgresql.org and always got the error "failed to load main-class manifest attribute." Googling this in various permutations at Google, jdbc.postgresql and java.sun lists I didn't find anything promising.

I tried to build the source with Ant but I always wind up with "Buildfile: build.xml does not exist."

Sorry for the newbie questions and problems. I thought once I had all the components working it would be fairly simple to implement jdbc to PostgreSQL. This list also seemed more appropriate than the novice list.

Sincerely obliged,
Bruce Hyatt