Re: Regd: TODO Item

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ramya Chandrasekar" <csekar(dot)ramya(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Regd: TODO Item
Date: 2008-06-26 17:22:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Ramya Chandrasekar" <csekar(dot)ramya(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Regd: TODO Item: Optimizer:: Have EXPLAIN ANALYZE issue NOTICE messages when
> the estimated and actual row counts differ by a specified percentage.

I think that TODO item hasn't been thought through very carefully.
NOTICEs that are dissociated from the actual explain output seem pretty
useless, or at least painful to use. You might want to go back in the
archives and read the whole thread that led up to the TODO item to see
what ideas were kicked around.