Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects: Add name/args output columns

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects: Add name/args output columns
Date: 2014-12-30 22:27:26
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects: Add name/args output columns

> This is causing buildfarm member dunlin to fail:
> No other member so far has reported a problem here. Not sure if that's
> the strangest bit, or the fact that dunlin is reporting anything in the
> first place. I can reproduce the problem quite simply by creating an
> event trigger on sql_drop and then try to drop an object not supported
> by getObjectIdentityParts -- in this case it's a default ACL for tables
> in the schema being dropped.

But is there any reason to think the failure on dunlin has anything to do
with default ACLs? I think you'd better work on understanding why there
is a platform dependency here, before you consider either removing the
regression test case or adding support for object types that it shouldn't
be hitting.