Re: SQL-standard function body

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL-standard function body
Date: 2021-04-08 06:58:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 11:33:20PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Nothing special, really. Surprised the BF doesn't see it:

> Is think this is because the buildfarm client is running installcheck for the
> contribs rather than check, and pg_stat_statements/Makefile has:
> # Disabled because these tests require "shared_preload_libraries=pg_stat_statements",
> # which typical installcheck users do not have (e.g. buildfarm clients).
> NO_INSTALLCHECK = 1

No, because if that were the explanation then we'd be getting no
buildfarm coverage at all for for pg_stat_statements. Which aside
from being awful contradicts the results at coverage.postgresql.org.

I think Andres has the right idea that there's some more-subtle
variation in the test conditions, but (yawn) too tired to look
into it right now.