Re: Weird pause when running statements

From: Grant Quimby <grant_quimby(at)dialog(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Weird pause when running statements
Date: 2008-08-06 02:56:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

From: Oliver Jowett
<snip>

>First step would be to work out which half is getting stuck. Try a
>thread dump on the Java side and a strace on the backend side.

I've checked the Java side with a thread dump. As far as I can tell everything working okay. I've attached it.

As for strace ... It's not connecting to the process for some reason. I'll try and find the server process condition another way. (Any suggestions? ;-)

>What do you mean by "reloading the server configuration"?

pg_ctl reload (via either the command line or the pgAdmin point and click).

Thanks,

Grant Q

Attachment Content-Type Size
dump.txt text/plain 16.6 KB