Re: bytea vs. pg_dump

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Subject: Re: bytea vs. pg_dump
Date: 2009-08-03 23:18:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

One other stylistic gripe: I don't much like inserting a GUC variable
definition into builtins.h --- that file has traditionally only
contained function extern declarations. The best alternative I can
think of is to move the bytea-related stuff into a new include file
include/utils/bytea.h. Has anyone got an objection or a better idea?