Re: allow online change primary_conninfo

From: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz" <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, "andres(at)anarazel(dot)de" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, "david(at)pgmasters(dot)net" <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Date: 2019-09-19 14:46:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

Thank you for review!

Was written such way after this review: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20181125214313.lydvmrraqjfrb3s2%40alap3.anarazel.de

> And If I'm not missing something, I don't find an (explict)
> paramter of postmaster for setting primary_conninfo.

Well, we have common -c option: -c name=value

> Couldn't we do the same thing by just skipping the wait and
> setting lastSourceFailed to true in the case of intentional
> walreceiver restart?

Yes, it's possible. Let's see... Done in attached variant.
We need check pendingWalRcvRestart before rescanLatestTimeLine lines.

regards, Sergei

Attachment Content-Type Size
v5_allow_reload_walreceiver_conninfo.patch text/x-diff 11.1 KB