Trouble installing on Windows XP?

From: Lou Picciano <LouPicciano(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trouble installing on Windows XP?
Date: 2010-05-21 12:04:58
Lists: pgsql-odbc

PostgreSQL - ODBC friends,

We're attempting an install of the ODBC drivers (32-bit) on Windows XP 64-bit, and are having a heck of a time.

We've tried both the .msi installer, as well as a manual copy from the zip archive, have run the registry changes, etc. We've also manually edited the registry so that pathnames are explicit; this did not help.

Still, though the 'ODBC Data Source' Manager sees the driver as available, and correctly reads its version, etc., we cannot get into creation of a 'system DSN'!

We see ' Setup routines could not be loaded due to system error code 193' and 'Could not load the setup or translator library'

I'm sure someone's already squashed this one. Tks for ideas.

Lou