Re: Postgresql fails to start?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dianne Yumul <dianne(at)wellsgaming(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql fails to start?
Date: 2005-06-07 20:44:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Dianne Yumul <dianne(at)wellsgaming(dot)com> writes:
> I still get the /usr/bin/chcon message but only when I run the command
> by hand, even after upgrading coreutils:

> # /usr/bin/chcon -u system_u -r object_r -t postgresql_log_t "$PGLOG"
> /usr/bin/chcon: can't apply partial context to unlabeled file

Weird.

> # uname -r
> 2.6.11-1.1286_FC4

It just sunk in that you are running FC4 and not FC3. That's pretty
bleeding edge stuff ;-) ... maybe what you need is a downgrade not an
upgrade. But if you still see the problem once you're on the latest
kernel, please do file a bugzilla entry about it. It seems possible
that the FC4 version of chcon wants another argument beyond the ones
that FC3 knows about. Either that or it's just a plain bug in chcon.