Re: [HACKERS] generated columns

From: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jaime Casanova <jaime(dot)casanova(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] generated columns
Date: 2019-01-16 21:40:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I couldn't compile v7-0001 and I am testing with the older v6-0001 (of
which I still had an instance).

So the problem below may have been fixed already.

If you add a generated column to a file_fdw foreign table, it works OK
wih VIRTUAL (the default) but with STORED it adds an empty column,
silently. I would say it would make more sense to get an error.

Erik Rijkers