Re: pg_dump exists without any message when running from windows task scheduler

From: "Andrus" <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>
To: "Chris" <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump exists without any message when running from windows task scheduler
Date: 2009-09-09 08:49:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Chris,

Thank you.

> I don't know if you can do that. Why do you need to?

I need to run pg_dump at 2:00 AM every night automatically in Windows
computer where PostgreSql server is not installed.

> If you reference the original files (c:\program files\... or where-ever
> you installed postgres to), does it work through a scheduled task?

Yes, scheduled task it works in this case.

In some backup clients PostgreSql server is not installed. pg_dump 8.4 and
required dlls are simply copied to backup computer from server bin
directory.
How to create autobackups in this case ?

Andrus.