BUG #17943: Undefined symbol LLVMBuildGEP in llvmjit.so during pg_restore

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: buschmann(at)nidsa(dot)net
Subject: BUG #17943: Undefined symbol LLVMBuildGEP in llvmjit.so during pg_restore
Date: 2023-05-24 13:28:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-pkg-yum

Bug reference: 17943
Logged by: Hans Buschmann
Email address: buschmann(at)nidsa(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 15.3
Operating system: Fedora 38 x86-64

I tried to restore our standard db from a recent dump on PostgreSQL 15.3
installed from PGDG repositories with dnf.

During pg_restore I got the following error message:

pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR: could not load library
"/usr/pgsql-15/lib/llvmjit.so": /usr/pgsql-15/lib/llvmjit.so: undefined
symbol: LLVMBuildGEP
Command was: REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW archiv.mv_max_fac_order;

pg_restore: warning: errors ignored on restore: 1

For our system, jit isn't really important, but enabled in configuration.
So the error occurs only occasional here.

At the first attempt the following postgres / llvm packages where
installed:
postgresql15.x86_64
15.3-1PGDG.f38 @pgdg15
postgresql15-contrib.x86_64
15.3-1PGDG.f38 @pgdg15
postgresql15-devel.x86_64
15.3-1PGDG.f38 @pgdg15
postgresql15-docs.x86_64
15.3-1PGDG.f38 @pgdg15
postgresql15-libs.x86_64
15.3-1PGDG.f38 @pgdg15
postgresql15-llvmjit.x86_64
15.3-1PGDG.f38 @pgdg15
postgresql15-server.x86_64
15.3-1PGDG.f38 @pgdg15

llvm.x86_64
16.0.3-1.fc38 @updates
llvm-devel.x86_64
16.0.3-1.fc38 @updates
llvm-libs.i686
16.0.3-1.fc38 @updates
llvm-libs.x86_64
16.0.3-1.fc38 @updates
llvm-static.x86_64
16.0.3-1.fc38 @updates
llvm-test.x86_64
16.0.3-1.fc38 @updates
llvm15-libs.x86_64
15.0.7-4.fc38 @fedora

Even after dnf remove llvm15-libs (leftover from a system upgrade from
Fedora 37) the same error persisted.

Any clues?

Hans Buschmann