Re: [GENERAL] setof record "out" syntax and returning records

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] setof record "out" syntax and returning records
Date: 2008-01-21 20:49:32
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> False alarm, I think. I cleaned and rebuilt and now I can't reproduce it.

Strange. Most of the time I'd have no problem writing this off as a
build-synchronization error, but the tree has been so quiet lately due
to the release cycle that this seems an odd time to be seeing such a
problem. I did a quick look through the CVS logs and couldn't find any
plausible-looking causes since the start of the year; except maybe this:

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/include/access/relscan.h.diff?r1=1.59;r2=1.60;f=h

but alignment rules should have meant that that didn't really move any
of the other fields.

Anyway, if it went away on a clean rebuild, seems that a stale .o file
must be the explanation. Do you normally use --enable-depend?