Migrating from DAO 2.5 to PostgreSQL

From: Elmar(dot)Haneke(at)gmx(dot)de
To: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Migrating from DAO 2.5 to PostgreSQL
Date: 1999-08-01 09:59:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I intend to migrate an VB-4 application using the DAO 2.5-Access
database to the PostgreSQL server. Is there an simple way to do so?

I did try to yust move the Tables to the Server and link them back
into an MDB file. This works in most cases but it is not efficient
since the DAO engine processes complex queries locally.

Any Hints?

Elmar