Re: Large number of tables slow insert

From: "Loic Petit" <tls(dot)wydd(at)free(dot)fr>
To: scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: max(at)nts(dot)biz(dot)ua, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Large number of tables slow insert
Date: 2008-08-24 00:47:36
Lists: pgsql-performance

I was a bit confused about the read and write sorry ! I understand what you
mean...
But do you think that the IO cost (of only one page) needed to handle the
index writing is superior than 300ms ? Because each insert in any of these
tables is that slow.
NB: between my "small" and my "big" tests the only difference is the number
of table (10 and 3000), there is almost the same amount of on-disk data