Re: 7.3.2: test select_having ... FAILED

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ed L(dot)" <pggeneral(at)bluepolka(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.3.2: test select_having ... FAILED
Date: 2003-02-10 23:28:56
Lists: pgsql-general

"Ed L." <pggeneral(at)bluepolka(dot)net> writes:
> Then my locale would need to match the locale in which the expected
> test result was created in order to give the test result validity?

Yup.

> What was the locale in which the expected results were created?

C. (If you do "make check" then the regression script will set up
a temp installation with the expected locale.)

> What was the point of your addition of ORDER BY clauses in rev 1.8?

At the time, the newly-added hash-aggregation code would be used for
these queries, causing them to produce results in an order that had
nothing to do with any locale's notion of sortedness. I could actually
revert the 1.8 changes, I think, because it was an error for hashing
to be used on char(N) data, and as of now the planner doesn't do it
anymore.