Re: Fix typos and inconsistencies for HEAD (take 7)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: Fix typos and inconsistencies for HEAD (take 7)
Date: 2019-07-21 16:34:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Also, I found e-mail headers in optimizer/plan/README not relevant, so I
> propose to remove them.

FWIW, I think they're highly relevant, because they put a date on
that text. I've not gone through that README lately, but I wouldn't
be surprised if it's largely obsolete --- it hasn't been maintained
in any meaningful way since Vadim wrote it. Without the headers, a
reader would have no warning of that.

What really ought to happen, likely, is for somebody to extract
whatever is still useful there into a new(?) section in the parent
directory's README.