BUG #17723: cache lookup failed for type 0

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: vik(at)postgresfriends(dot)org
Subject: BUG #17723: cache lookup failed for type 0
Date: 2022-12-16 15:38:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 17723
Logged by: Vik Fearing
Email address: vik(at)postgresfriends(dot)org
PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
Operating system: Ubuntu

This query:

WITH RECURSIVE

run(x, y) AS (
SELECT 0, 0
UNION ALL
SELECT x, y FROM run AS r WHERE r.is_cycle
)
CYCLE x, y SET is_cycle USING path

TABLE run
;

in which I mistakenly tried to access the is_cycle column from inside the
wle, provokes the following error:

ERROR: XX000: cache lookup failed for type 0
LOCATION: typeOrDomainTypeRelid, parse_type.c:699

Even though I did not need to add that WHERE clause because the CYCLE clause
does it for me, I still should have been able to. And in any case, I should
not have received an XX000 error.