Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date: 2014-02-09 18:19:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 4:04 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> In the meantime, here's a short patch trying the "#define extern" approach.
>> Anyone want to try this on a Windows machine or two?

> There are quite a few warnings and errors in build:

Hmm. Looks like the #define is messing up the handling of "extern"s
appearing in system headers. There's likely no good way around that,
at least none with the simplicity that's the only redeeming value
of this approach. So this won't work, and we should be looking at
whether it will help to not use dlltool anymore (per other emails
in this thread).

Thanks for doing the testing!