Re: pgstattuple change using SRF

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgstattuple change using SRF
Date: 2002-08-21 05:54:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> I'm going to change contrib/pgstattuple so that it returns a tuple
> rather than a NOTICE using new SRF interface. I believe this way is
> much more convenient for users. Any objection?

Sure. I like the way Joe did show_all() better than the way Neil
did lock_status() --- I'm in the middle of getting rid of zero
type OIDs throughout the system, and so I'm not happy with anything
that re-introduces them, even if it's only transient during initdb.
Other than that minor point, go for it...