Multiple ConnSettings statements in connection string

From: Michael Toews <mwtoews(at)sfu(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Multiple ConnSettings statements in connection string
Date: 2009-03-25 19:49:46
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I am using psqlODBC version 8.03.02.00 in Windows XP in a Python script using win32com with MS Access. In this script, I need to configure a connection string that sets a few run-time parameters:

set TimeZone to -8;
set search_path to pid,public;

These need to be somehow nested in ConnSettings of the connection string, since I have no ability from MS Access to send these commands.

I've tried:
ConnSettings="set TimeZone to -8; set search_path to pid,public;" -- does neither commands
ConnSettings={set TimeZone to -8; set search_path to pid,public;} -- sends only first command

Each time, it seems to connect properly, but the second command is not issued.

--
For the curious, I'm exporting tables from within Access using (approx):

import win32com.client
ac = win32com.client.Dispatch(r'Access.Application')
acExport = 1; acTable = 0
connStr = 'Driver={PostgreSQL Unicode};Server=%s;Database=%s;Uid=%s;Pwd=%s;ConnSettings="set TimeZone to -8; set search_path to pid,public;"'%\
(host, dbname, username, password)
ac.OpenCurrentDatabase(r'C:\mydb.mdb')
ac.DoCmd.TransferDatabase(acExport, 'ODBC Database', acConnStr, acTable, 'MyTable', 'MyTable')